Snappy Wipe To-Go
This clever snap-together washcloth will come in handy in your diaper bag or tote. Simply dampen the cloth, then fold and snap for transport. Babyville Boutique™ PUL keeps the moisture contained so your wipe is ready to use when needed!
- Playful Friends Monkey and Hoot assorted PUL packaged fabric : Monkey 9” Square
- Green Yellow Orange solid colored Snaps : Yellow as shown or your choice
- Snap Pliers :
- Absorbent Fabric (French terry, flannel or cotton velour), 9” Square
- Dritz® Measuring Tape
- Dritz Mark-B-Gone™ Disappearing Marker
- Omnigrid® Scissors
- Dritz Ball Point Sewing Machine Needle, Size 11
- Dritz Ball Point Straight Pins
- Quality Polyester Thread, Coordinating Color
- Cut one PUL and one absorbent fabric square 9" x 9" each.
- Place printed side of PUL on right side of absorbent fabric and pin together.
- Beginning at center on one side, stitch together using a 3/8" seam allowance. Leave a 1 ½" opening for turning.
- Trim seam allowance and clip at corners to reduce bulk.
- Turn washcloth right side out through opening.
- With iron setting on “LOW” and no steam, lightly press washcloth. Fold seams at opening to inside and again lightly press making sure edges are even.
- Topstitch around washcloth, stitching opening closed.
- To mark snap placement, align measuring tape diagonally. Measurement should be approximately 11 ½". Using disappearing marker, place a dot at 4" and 8" marking.
- For correct snap placement, both caps are placed on absorbent fabric side of wipe. Stud and socket will be on PUL printed side.
- With the awl included in plier kit, place a hole at 4" marking and attach snaps. Repeat at 8" marking. Snap placement creates the snap to-go feature of the wipe.
- Wet the absorbent fabric side of wipe. Then with absorbent side up, fold in the two corners without snaps so they are overlapping at middle.
- Fold remaining corners in so one snap is underneath the cloth and one snap is on top, creating a square. At this point, the shape should resemble a little clutch purse.
- Fold square into thirds to snap together in center. Make sure all absorbent fabric edges are tucked inside wipe. This is the secret to keeping the moisture contained.
The information in this project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed. Babyville BoutiqueTM and Prym Consumer USA Inc. disclaim all liabilty from any injury to anyone undertaking the construction of this project as a result of improper safety precautions. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Babyville BoutiqueTM and Prym Consumer USA Inc. disclaim any liability for untoward results.
© 2011 Prym Consumer USA Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this project may be reproduced in any form without written permission except for your own personal use.