At this time of the year, we want to pause and give thanks to all of our Babyville friends. This past year has been a busy one for us - developing new products, adding new sections to our website and we can’t forget the fun and success we all had with our first Babyville Contest. We thank all of you for taking the time to share with us all your wonderful photos and comments.
If you are one of our new friends, be sure to read our Thanksgiving blog from last year. We still get so many great comments on our ideas for keeping active children entertained during the busy days ahead.
Whether you are home for Thanksgiving or traveling to see family and friends, we wish you a blessed and bountiful day. We also have a special project that we hope you will enjoy making and sharing with your family at this very special time of the year.
Give Thanks Banner
- Babyville Boutique Brown PUL Fabric – 1/3 yard
- Babyville Boutique 3/8ʺ Wide Ribbon – 2 yards
- Dritz® Soft Flock Iron-On Letters - 1 ½” Letters
- Regular Sewing Supplies
- Paper, Ruler, Pencil
- To make triangle pattern, on plain paper, measure and draw a straight line 5 ½ʺ across. At center of line, draw a straight 90° line down 5ʺ and mark for point of triangle. From ends of beginning straight line, draw connecting lines to triangle point mark to complete the pattern. Cut out.
- Fold PUL widthwise and place triangle pattern on PUL with 5 ½ʺ straight line along fold. Cut out. Repeat cutting out on the fold for a total of 10 folded triangles.
- At the beginning straight edge of folded triangle, measure down ½ʺ, then stitch across creating a casing for inserting the ribbon.
- Place triangles on ironing board and center each letter (GIVE THANKS) on triangle. Cover with press cloth and using cotton setting on iron, fuse letters to PUL while also fusing PUL triangles together. (refer to How to Fuse PUL) Note: Do not press between stitching line and fold. This will fuse the casing together.
- With lettered triangles in right order, thread ribbon through each triangle casing to create the banner. You can either cut two banners like we did for a smaller mantel, or leave the ribbon in one piece for a longer banner. Just be sure to leave enough ribbon on each end for hanging.
Congratulations to the Winners of “Beyond Babies”, Creative Sewing Contest! We were delighted to see so many wonderful and creative projects using Babyville...
Make an adorable raincoat using Babyville PUL and McCall’s Lined Coat...
Babyville Boutique® PUL can be fused together using a household iron. Fused PUL is a wonderful way to create extra sturdy fabric and dimensional or applique PUL...
It is that time of the year again and Babyville Boutique has released fun, new prints and products.
Babyville Boutique is releasing entirely new prints and colors this month, with matching appliqués and labels (and iron-ons!) that I am head over heels in love with!
Help us celebrate our second birthday and National Sewing Month than with our Creative Sewing Contest, “Beyond Babies!”
We know you make the most...
I grew up in a suburb of New York City and did not attend my first county fair until as an adult, I had moved to the country in western New Jersey. The old fashion charm...
Recently, Babyville Boutique Design Team member, Krista Tracey, was a featured guest on “It's Sew Easy” - a popular sewing show available on public...