Add a vase of flowers and simple placemat on your Picnic Table Cover and you’ll have an outdoor dining experience! With this easy sewing project, you can mix and match a reversible placemat for each family member in no time at all.
Supplies (for one placemat):
- Babyville Black/White Chevron PUL - 13ʺ x 19ʺ
- Babyville Forest Friends PUL - 13ʺ x 19ʺ
- Coordinating FOE – 2 yards
- Ball Point Pins
- Regular sewing supplies
1. Pin PUL placemat pieces together, laminate sides facing. Using a bowl or plate, round each corner. Machine baste around placemat about 3/8ʺ from edge.
2. Leaving a 3ʺ beginning tail, encase the FOE over placemat edges and pin. Do not stretch.
3. Using a medium width three-step zigzag, stitch FOE around edges of placemat to attach. At the corner curves, stitch slowly and use the needle down, lifting and pivoting technique for ease of stitching.
4. About 3ʺ from starting point, stop stitching. Determine the amount of FOE needed to finish attaching and pin FOE ends, right sides together. Check to make sure this is correct, and re-pin to make any adjustments needed. Straight stitch FOE ends together and trim seam.
5. Refold FOE and continue adding FOE to placemat to finish binding.
Summer is the ideal time for outdoor cookouts and parties and this fitted picnic table cover is the perfect accessory for your backyard oasis. The FOE binding keeps it in...
Father's Day Camo Embroidery FREEBIE!
NEW! Free Machine Embroidery Files for this darling camo diaper! Simply download the file for your machine for and the stitch out sheet. Create the design in 4” x 4...
Quick and Easy Couch Caddy Tutorial
Dads will appreciate this convenient couch caddy! It helps organize all the remote controls and keeps them within reach! It’s easy, quick to sew and makes a great...
Cased Elastic Yoke-Style Diaper Cover Tutorial
Using this tutorial, you can make a yoke-style cover without using fold over elastic. The leg elastic has a casing and the front and back pockets are turned and...
- Babyville Boutique® Diaper Pattern from Cloth Diapers Made Easy
- Babyville Soaker Pattern from Cloth Diapers Made Easy...
On April 22nd, millions of people around the world will celebrate Earth Day, first observed in 1970 after Gaylord Nelson, U.S. Senator from Wisconsin, together with Pete...
I really wanted to use them because they are the cutest little high top baby shoes ( I mean, what baby shoes aren’t the cutest??). If only I could pull them...
Easter Flower Container Cover Tutorial
Add a little whimsy to your potted Easter flowers with a colorful PUL cover. The decorative cover not only hides the garden shop plastic container but the waterproof...
Create a cheery Easter Placemat & bib for a lucky little one.