You can make this sweet heart and ruffle elastic headband in no time!
- Babyville Boutique Ruffle Elastic (size determined by child’s head measurement)
- Babyville Boutique Sassy Girl Dot PUL – Two 4” Squares
- Polyester Fiberfil
- Feather Boa (enough to fit felt circle)
- 2 Felt Circles (see pattern)
- Hot Glue
- Hand sewing needle
- Good quality thread, such at Gutermann thread
1. Cut the ruffle elastic so it fits snug around your child's head. You can hot glue this together in a circle, or you can sew the ends right sides together to form a loop.
2. Cut two hearts from the Sassy Girl Dot PUL squares. Place hearts right sides together and sew around the edges, leaving about 1/2” open on one of the bottom edges of the heart. Cut the curves and corners and turn the heart right side out. Make sure to get the edges all pushed out. Take some of the polyester fiberfil and stuff the heart to desired thickness. Hand sew the opening shut using a whipstitch.
3. Hot glue the feather boa around the edge of a felt circle. Cut off any excess. Add some hot glue to the back of the PUL heart and glue heart to center of the circle.
4. Hot glue ends of ruffle elastic to the back of felt circle. Hot glue remaining circle on the back of the first, sandwiching the ruffle elastic. Now the headband it is done and ready to wear!
Welcome to an exciting new year. We hope your holidays were peaceful, joyous and most of all, fun!
Have you noticed that even before the after-Christmas...
What’s special about their products? For starters, they offer PUL (polyurethane laminate) fabric which is waterproof—fantastic for baby stuff! ...
These are the products I received and I am super excited to create more amazing projects with them. My next project is going to be a wet bag for my kids wet clothes when...
Quick & Easy Last Minute Gifts + Holiday Embroidery Freebie
Still need a few last minute gifts? Our wonderful & creative team has been making some adorable gifts for their own friends & family, then sharing their great...
Christmas Decorating – are you finished yet?
As much as I love Thanksgiving, I look forward to the day after, and not because I join the thousands of people...
Need to find the perfect gift for those special people and pets in your life? Babyville Boutique has dozens of creative and unique project ideas to inspire you! Whether...
Jodi Chick creates DIY Leash Bags using the perfect material for the job: Babyville PUL.
If like me, you came from a large family, there was always the “kids” dinner table at Thanksgiving and other major holidays. Do you set a kids table for the...
All kids love to draw and color, so here’s a great crayon marker organizer that will keep your little artist’s studio neat and tidy. Its roll –up design...